Monday, March 26, 2012

CascadingDropDowns cant fire OnSelectedIndexChanged client events?

Greetings, all...

I've got a page with a CascadingDropDown setup. On the third dropdown, I want to fire an update panel event to fetch data.

For whatever reason, it does not appear that I can get any of the three dropdowns in the cascade to recognize a client-side OnSelectedIndexChanged event - even when added programmatically in the code file.

The event/action are emitted correctly to the control, but it doesn't seem to fire the event.

I've been trying to find the answer in previous posts and Google, but I don't seem to be finding the answers anywhere. I'm hoping there's someone out in forumland that has seen this before and knows how to resolve the issue.

Thanks in advance for the help,

Ric Castagna

Unless I'm mistaken, OnSelectedIndexChanged is a server-side event, not a client-side one.

No comments:

Post a Comment