Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Change Tab Panel on Validation Failed.

Hai Guys,

I have 4 tab panels. The first panel contains all required fields. The other tabs having optional fields. My problem is, if some of the required fields are empty then the first tab is not shown, Its shows only currently selected tab. SetFocusOnError property is set to true in Required Field Validator. Tab container is placed inside UpdatePanel control. Please help me on this issue. Thanks in advance

Hi pbarunkumar,

The behavior you are expierencing is not the default behavior.

Could you please post a working code example which replicates this behavior? This way I can easily look into the problem!

Kind regards,
Wim


Hi Pbarunkumar,

The key to your problem is how to hide a Tab , so you should see my reply onthis thread. I have shown how to do it on the client and server side. Please be careful about the ActiveTabIndex property. When you hide the first tab, ActiveTabIndex must not be 0.

Best regards,

Jonathan

No comments:

Post a Comment