Monday, March 26, 2012

Challenging PageRequestManagerParserException error

Hello,

I received the following error today (using ASP.NET AJAX), and I'm unable to suss it out. Any ideas on what might be causing the below?:

Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerParserException: The message received from the server could not be parsed. Common causes for this error are when the response is modified by calls to response.write(), response filters, HttpModules, or server trace is enabled. Details: Error parsing near 'Master 544|updatePan'.

I believe I am using the latest version of System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0

Thanks in advance,
-Alex

Hi, I figured it out. There was a Response.Write() call in the aspx page (inline in the HTML). Apparently, this is not allowed when using UpdatePanels. Any more info available on this subject?

-Alex


Thanks for the info ... I didn't figure it was my update panel who cause my trouble ...

I use another way to do it. Thanks !

No comments:

Post a Comment