Monday, March 26, 2012

Catputing events in UpdatePanels

All,

Hopefully someone here will have an answer for something that's driving me crazy at the moment...

I have a control on a page that is within an update panel. The control has to be within the update panel as we need to change the control without a full page refresh.

All works well except a series of post backs that are generated that should perform some processing then redirect the user to a new page. As is logical this doesn't work as it's not the browser that is generating the postbacks but soem JavaScript in the page.

What I need to know is: Is it possible to tell the update panel to ognore events created by these controls? Or am I going to have find a different way around this problem?

TIA

Stu

Opps... Do I feel dum... Turns out it works just fine, I just assumed that the person who prototyped the page had wired up all the event handers, in fact he'd only wired up half. The reason the click did nothing was because there was no handler there to do anything...Embarrassed

No comments:

Post a Comment