Monday, March 26, 2012

Catching drop event in atlas drag and drop

Hi I want to drag a GridView cell and drop it on another GridView and adding a new row in second gridview based on the dragged element name. Is there any method by which I can capture the drop event .Have you tried using theReorderList Control?

Thanks Shepherd. But I want to use drag and drop between two GridView's. ReorderList does not work properly for this purpose. Moreover I tried to use ReorderList with DataSource and it gives me error while reordering. Can u help me regarding this. And I want to execute a Insert command on drop event.

Thanks.


@.Kanwar,

To my knowledge this is not supported yet. I've read requests for this functionality on the AJAX Control Toolkit Codeplex site, but I don't know of any official plans to add it. I assume that it is possible, and that you could build it yourself if you have time...you might also look into some third party controls like Telerik or Infragistics. I don't know if they have controls like this, but they are usually a little ahead of the curve feature-wise. I hope this is helpful.


Best Regards...


Thanks. I am trying to build Ajax template for this.
Best of luck to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment